- Click on the image to download a PDF
Could you use some IBA North American Bear Manager's brochures for your next bear workshop? Contact Rich Beausoleil for more information.
Click here>>> to view the proceedings for the Eastern and Western Black Bear Workshops.
IBA Management Committee
Rich Beausoleil, Chair
Bear & Cougar Specialist
Karelian Bear Dog Program (Cash)
Washington Dept. of Fish & Wildlife
3515 State Highway 97A
Wenatchee, WA 98801
Phone: (509) 664-3148
Large Carnivore Biologist
Wyoming Game & Fish Dept.
260 Buena Vista
Lander, WY 82520
Phone: (307) 332-7723 x249
University of Georgia
180 East Green St
Athens, GA 30602
Karelian Bear Dog Program (Rooster)
1100 Valley Road
Reno, NV 89512
Phone: (775) 720-6130,
Bear Management Program Coordinator
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
620 South Meridian Street MS 6B
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Phone: (850) 922-4330
Black Bear Project Leader
Pennsylvania Game Commission
351 Howard Divide Rd
Howard, PA 16841
Phone: (814) 625-3597
Canada Lynx and Black Bear Biologist
Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
650 State St. Bangor, ME 04401
Phone: (207) 941-4238
How Can IBA Membership Benefit Bear Managers?
Membership in IBA provides managers with resources focused specifically on bears, something no other organization provides.
A subscription to Ursus:
- Many articles present results of applied research on bear biology and management.
- Printed copies are published twice a year.
A subscription to International Bear News (IBN):
- A diverse collection of reports from the field, regarding on-going bear research, management, and conservation.
- A list of recent bear-related publications, including internal agency literature.
- Notifications about upcoming bear conferences, meetings, and other events.
- Reviews of books, articles pertinent to bears in history and culture, a Student Forum, and announcements of bear-related employment opportunities.
Other Membership Advantages:
- Access to a network of like-minded professionals, helping managers stay abreast of techniques that have been successfully implemented to manage bears and people.
- Access to the online IBA Member Discussion Forum.
- A vote in IBA elections and on IBA resolutions. IBA is the preeminent organization dedicated to science-based bear conservation and management, and membership can increase your professional connections, opportunities and credibility.
- Opportunity to apply for grants (over $70,000 given out each year) for research in bear biology, management practices, and conservation, and for collaborative work-exchanges between projects.
The IBA is committed to providing a balance of research and management for bear researchers and managers worldwide.
Additional Plans that will Benefit Managers:
- Adding an online library of workshop and conference presentations so members can view topics based on their interests.