The IBA Management Committee is comprised of North American mangers tasked with informing IBA of important issues and needs of North American managers.
The Management Committee works closely with IBA Council to develop programs and resources for managers. If you are interested in finding out more about the IBA management committee, contact the Committee Chair, Rich Beausoleil.
To view the Eastern and Western Black Bear Workshop proceedings, click here.
Benefits of an IBA Membership
A subscription to Ursus:
- Many articles present results of applied research on bear biology and management.
- Printed copies are published twice a year.
A subscription to International Bear News (IBN):
- A diverse collection of reports from the field, regarding on-going bear research, management, and conservation.
- A list of recent bear-related publications, including internal agency literature.
- Notifications about upcoming bear conferences, meetings, and other events.
- Reviews of books, articles pertinent to bears in history and culture, a Student Forum, and announcements of bear-related employment opportunities.
Other Membership Advantages:
- Access to a network of like-minded professionals, helping managers stay abreast of techniques that have been successfully implemented to manage bears and people.
- Access to the online IBA Member Discussion Forum.
- A vote in IBA elections and on IBA resolutions. IBA is the preeminent organization dedicated to science-based bear conservation and management, and membership can increase your professional connections, opportunities and credibility.
Additional Plans that will Benefit Managers:
- Adding an online library of workshop and conference presentations so members can view topics based on their interests.
- Opportunity to apply for grants (over $70,000 given out each year) for research in bear biology, management practices, and conservation, and for collaborative work-exchanges between projects.
- The IBA is committed to providing a balance of research and management for bear researchers and managers worldwide.
IBA management committee
Rich Beausoleil, Chair
Bear & Cougar Specialist
Karelian Bear Dog Program (Cash)
Washington Dept. of Fish & Wildlife
3515 State Highway 97A
Wenatchee, WA 98801
Karelian Bear Dog Program (Rooster)
1100 Valley Road
Reno, NV 89512
Bear Management Program Coordinator
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
620 South Meridian Street MS 6B
Tallahassee, FL 32399